Unreal Engine 4.24
To blend materials or material properties using Paint:
- Create a material that blends 2 materials or material properties using a texture as a mask like this example.
- Assign the material to an object in the level map and select it.
- In the Editor’s Mode window,
Select Paint mode, choose the Textures option.
- In the Brush settings, set brush Radius, and Strength.
- In the Texture Painting settings, choose Paint Color and Erase Color.
* These will usually be white and black, but that depends on how the mask texture is used (a single texture can be used to provide 3 different effect mask using RGB channels)
- in the Paint Texture property select the material’s mask texture you wish to paint.
- Paint using Paint Color using LMB strokes,
Press Shift while painting to paint using Erase Color:
- When finished, hit Save and Apply:
As far as I know, there’s no way to create a new empty or solid colored texture in UE4,
So we have to import a texture to be able to paint it in the Editor.
>> The scanned PBR materials in demonstrated in this post are from Texture Haven (texturehaven.com)