Maya 2018 | Arnold 5
- In the Render Settings window, Arnold Renderer tab, under Motion Blur,
- Set the ‘Length’ attribute to set the Motion-Blur size.
* the default length of 0.5 means the Motion-Blur will be calculated as a result of a photographic exposure duration of half of a frame duration, or 180 degrees in cinema camera terminology.
- Raise the number of Keys to accurately simulate Motion-Blur for very fast rotational motion like helicopter propellers and car wheels.
To generate a Motion Vector (Velocity) AOV (also referred to as ‘Render Element’ or ‘Pass’), in order to add the Motion-Blur effect in a compositing software:
- The ‘motionvector’ AOV must be added to the AOVs list in the AOVs tab of the Render Settings window.
- Motion-Blur must be enabled in the Motion-Blur part of the Arnold Renderer tab in the Render Settings window.
* Otherwise motion vectors will not be calculated.
- In the Diagnostics tab of the Render Settings window, under Feature Overrides, check ‘Ignore Motion Blur’, so Motion-Blur will not be rendered.
Arnold for Maya Depth of Field (DOF)
Saving multi-channel EXR file with Arnold for Maya
One thought on “Arnold for Maya Motion-Blur”