When you wish to bake your NLA animation mix into one Action,
The Bake option in the Animation tab will not work.
The way to do this is to:
- Select the object in Object Mode.
- Press Space and type ‘bake‘
- Choose Nla: Bake Action
- In the Bake dialog, select Pose, deselect Only Selected, and press OK.
- After the process, the Armature will have a new action that is the baked animation.
- I always forget this, try to do it through the regular animation baking option and get frustrated that it doesn’t work…
When you want to bake an object’s Rigid Body physics simulation to regular Keyframes:
- Select the wanted objects.
- Press F3 to open the command search floater,
Begin typing: bake to keyframes to Locate the command:
Rigid Body: Bake To Keyframes and select it.
The command will appear only if objects with rigid body physics properties are selected.
- Set a frame range for the bake and press OK:
- The physically simulated motion is recorded to keyframes:
- Bake NLA animation
- Cloth to shape keys