Unreal Engine 4.25 | Photoshop 2020
Quick UE normal map tip:
If you load a normal map into a UE material and the result appears inverted, i.e. holes instead of bumps or the other way:
The quick fix:
- In the texture settings, check the Flip Green Channel option and save it:
The deep fix:
* This can be performed an automated action on multiple files
- Open the normal map in Photoshop
- In the Channels panel, select the Green channel
- Press Ctrl + I,
Or Select Image > Adjustments > Invert
To invert the green channel.
- Save the texture and reload into Unreal Engine.
UE4 Bump map