To create constraints quickly:
- Select the target object.
- Shift + Select the object to constrain (Active Object)
- Press Ctrl + Shift + C
- Choose the wanted constraint type.
- select the constrained object to set the constraint parameters.
When you wish to bake your NLA animation mix into one Action,
The Bake option in the Animation tab will not work.
The way to do this is to:
- Select the object in Object Mode.
- Press Space and type ‘bake‘
- Choose Nla: Bake Action
- In the Bake dialog, select Pose, deselect Only Selected, and press OK.
- After the process, the Armature will have a new action that is the baked animation.
To setup basic animation constraints in Maya:
- Select one or more target objects, and lastly the object to be constrained.
- In the Rigging Tab/Toolbar click the wanted constraint.
In the channel box, highlight the constraint and set target objects weights.
Setting up a Point Constraint:
Setting up an Orientation Constraint:
Setting up an Aim Constraint: