If your writing code in languages that are based on a common language but their files names have an uncommon extension, for example, the 3D shading languages OSL, and HLSL, which are written in C syntax but have .osl and .hlsl, or .fx as file name extensions,
Notepad++ wont automatically recognize that the code in these files is actually C language and present their syntax properly.
To set Notepad++ to recognize specific file associations with a wanted language:
Settings > Style Configurator:
- In the Style Configurator window:
Select the wanted language in the language list on the left,
And in the User ext. field, type a list of file extensions separated by spaces:
These file extensions will be interpreted as the selected language.
Setup a GitHub to associate file extension with a language
Display tabs in Notepad++
Unreal Engine 4.24
To Change the size of the UI and fonts in the Unreal Editor:
Window > Developer Tools > Widget Reflector
To open the Widget Reflector window
- In the Widget Reflector window, change the Application Scale parameter:
This post isn’t about “tiled UVs” (“UDIM”), it’s about multiple UV sets (layouts).
Polygon mesh models can have multiple UV sets. this becomes useful when the UV layout that is optimal for a certain texture isn’t efficient for different texture (in the same material).
For example, we might have a model of furniture, or clothing, in which the UV layout that is best for the fabric weave pattern, isn’t the best for dirt and wear & tear, or stickers.
In such cases we can define different UV sets for the model, each suitable for a different texture.
In this example, having a separate UV Set for the logo texture allows placing it without affecting the checker texture that is displayed an all the surfaces:
To create multiple UV sets:
- In the UV editor view, from the UV Sets menu, select UV Set Editor to open the UV Set Editor:
- In the UV Set Editor, press the New button to create a new UV Set and double click it in the list to rename it:
- Close the UV Sets Editor.
The UV Editor view now displays the new UV Set that is empty, and UV creation and editing operations will now affect the new UV Set.
- To switch to edit a different UV Set, select it from the list at the bottom of the UV Sets menu:
To link a texture to a specific UV Set:
- Make sure the texture is connected to the material set for the model.
- Select the model.
- Open Windows > Relationship Editors > UV Linking > Texture-Centric:
- Select the wanted texture from the material texture list on the left and select the wanted UV Set from the models UV Sets list on the right:
Basic UV Unwrapping
More posts about Maya
PyCharm Community 2019.1
Unlike many popular text/programming editors and IDE’s, PyCharm doesn’t by default let you change the font size by pressing Ctrl + Scrolling the mouse wheel.
To enable scroll-zoom in PyCharm:
- Go to File > Settings to open the Settings dialog
- In the Settings dialog, navigate to Editor > General
- Check the Change font size (Zoom) with Ctrl + Mouse Wheel option.
Unreal Engine 4.20
- Go to:
Edit > Plugins > Scripting
And enable the Python Editor Script Plugin.
* also recommended to enable Editor Scripting Utilities,
And Sequencer Scripting plugins
- Restart the UE4 Editor.
Window > Developer Tools > Output Log
- Switch the command-line mode from Cmd to Python, write Python commands and press Enter to execute them:
- Or in Cmd mode, write ‘py‘ with a path to a Python script file, and hit Enter to execute the script:
- Scripting the Editor using Python:
- UE4 Python API reference:
- Importing assets
- Placing actors