Adobe Bridge 2020
- To get into full screen preview mode:
Select an image and press Spacebar
- Use the arrow keys to navigate images in the folder
- Scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in-out
In full screen mode, you may see the images display soft / low resolution,
Even if the actual image files have enough resolution to fit the display.
This happens because Bridge’s cached previews were not generated at display resolution.
To fix this issue:
- In Edit > Preferences > Advanced:
Check the Generate Monitor-Size Previews option
- In Tools > Cache >Manage Cache..:
Select Clean Up Cache, Purge all local cache files,
And then click Next.
* You may have to restart the program for this to take effect
Maya 2018 | Arnold 5
- In the camera shape node’s Arnold Attributes:
Check ‘Enable DOF’.
- Set ‘Aperture Size’ and ‘Focus Distance’ to control the effect.
The Aperture Size attribute isn’t an f-number aperture like we would expect in photography but a radius in world units.
Larger Aperture Size values (larger lens Iris opening), and shorter Focus Distances will cause a narrower Depth of Field which will result in the background appearing more blurry.
DOF is generally more apparent with ‘long lenses’ (shorter focal length).
- Set other Aperture attributes like the number of blades and aspect ration to further design the appearance of out of focus areas and especially highlights.
* The optical effect referred by the term ‘Bokeh’ in photography.
Arnold for Maya Motion-Blur
After Effects Camera Lens Blur