- I always forget this, try to do it through the regular animation baking option and get frustrated that it doesn’t work…
When you want to bake an object’s Rigid Body physics simulation to regular Keyframes:
- Select the wanted objects.
- Press F3 to open the command search floater,
Begin typing: bake to keyframes to Locate the command:
Rigid Body: Bake To Keyframes and select it.
The command will appear only if objects with rigid body physics properties are selected.
- Set a frame range for the bake and press OK:
- The physically simulated motion is recorded to keyframes: