Unreal Engine 4.18
A direct reference to another actor instance can’t be created from within the blueprint because it can only be provided at run-time after the instances have been created, both the current actor and the other actor we want to refer to.
In the Actor Blueprint:
- Add a new variable of type Actor > Object Reference
- Make the variable public and editable in the editor (the eye button..)
- Hit Compile and Save.
In the Map Editor:
- Place both actors in the map and save it.
- Select the actor in which you created the reference variable.
- In the Details panel, set the Actor property you created to the wanted other Actor instance.