After Effects CC 2018
- Apply an EXtractoR effect on the layer.
* Effects > 3D Channel > EXtractoR
- In the EXtractoR effect parameters, Click the RGB Channels to open the EXtractoR dialog box.
- Choose the wanted layer from the Layers drop-down, or select individual channels from the B, G, B, Alpha drop-downs.
The Layer will be displayed darker than the original EXR main layer display because it will not be Gamma corrected (linear display).
A Gamma correction should be applied on the result of the composite via an adjustment layer or ‘pre-comping’ the layers and applying it on the containing composition.
* A Gamma correction can be applied using a Levels effect.
* In most cases the Gamma correction need to be with a value of 2.2 (sRGB).