Unreal Engine 4.18
- Create a new material, and double click it to edit it.
- In the Details panel, under Material, set Blend Mode to Translucent.
- In the Details panel, under Translucency, set Lighting Mode to Surface Translucency Volume.
- Set Base Color to White.
- Set Metallic to 1.
- Set Roughness to 0.
- Create a Fresnel node and connect it to the Opacity input.
- In the Fresnel node, set Base Reflect Fraction to control reflection amount in perpendicular surface viewing angle (front).
* Note that its connected to Opacity, but since the material is basically a flat mirror, when it’s not purely transparent it will be reflective.
- In the Fresnel node, set Exponent to control the reflection amount falloff curve from perpendicular surface viewing angle (front) to parallel surface viewing angle (sides).
* Higher values will create a steep falloff curve, resulting in less reflection in most viewing angles.