After Effects CC 2018
- Download the AE3D_Export script here:
- Perform 3D tracking on the footage if necessary.
- Select the 3D Camera layer and also Null layers if available.
- Choose File > Scripts > Run Script File and locate the AE3D_Export script.
- In the Script parameters highlight 3ds max.
- Click Options and set the scale.
* you might need to try and see the scale in 3ds max to set it right.
- Set a name for the exported ms (MaxScript) file.
- Click Export.
The resulting ms file will appear on the Desktop.
- Drag the ms file into 3ds max Viewport.
The script will run and create an animated Camera and Dummies.
- Group the Camera and the Dummies, and link them to a new Point Helper.
This will allow for easy orientation and scaling.
- Display the Original video sequence as Viewport Background to check the camera motion.