Hold Shift while moving mesh components to extrude them and create new polygons.
In mesh component mode:
Press B to activate and to deactivate Soft Selection.
Press Hold B and LMB Drag to set the Soft Selection influence radius.
Set Soft Selection settings in the Modeling Toolkit, under Soft Selection:
Maya 2018 | Arnold 5
- In the Render Settings window, Arnold Renderer tab, under Motion Blur,
- Set the ‘Length’ attribute to set the Motion-Blur size.
* the default length of 0.5 means the Motion-Blur will be calculated as a result of a photographic exposure duration of half of a frame duration, or 180 degrees in cinema camera terminology.
- Raise the number of Keys to accurately simulate Motion-Blur for very fast rotational motion like helicopter propellers and car wheels.
To generate a Motion Vector (Velocity) AOV (also referred to as ‘Render Element’ or ‘Pass’), in order to add the Motion-Blur effect in a compositing software:
- The ‘motionvector’ AOV must be added to the AOVs list in the AOVs tab of the Render Settings window.
- Motion-Blur must be enabled in the Motion-Blur part of the Arnold Renderer tab in the Render Settings window.
* Otherwise motion vectors will not be calculated.
- In the Diagnostics tab of the Render Settings window, under Feature Overrides, check ‘Ignore Motion Blur’, so Motion-Blur will not be rendered.
Arnold for Maya Depth of Field (DOF)
Saving multi-channel EXR file with Arnold for Maya
Maya 2018 | Arnold 5
- Set a Project Folder or Image output path.
- In the Render Settings > Common tab, set the output file format, and in Metadata, set Frame/Animation ext. select an option that isn’t Single Frame.
* This will make the Frame Range settings available.
- Set the Frame Range.
- Set the Maya UI to Rendering and choose Render > Render Sequence.
Maya 2018 | V-Ray 3.6
Basic Displacement through the shader:
1) Connect a displacement map to the Displacement Shader input of the Shading Group Node.
2) Multiply the value to set the displacement amount.
3) Control Displacement Settings globally through VRay Render Settings:
The minimum size in pixels for new created edges.
Lower values will create more detailed geometry but cost more memory.
Per Object Displacement with more controls:
1) Add a VRay Displacement node to the object (See images).
2) Connect Displacement Map
3) For more control, and Local displacement quality settings,
In the Attributes Editor, Add VRay Displacement Control and VRay Subdivision and Displacement Quality attributes to the object (See images).